HAZOP Study & Risk Analysis for HSE Specialists
HAZOP Study and Risk Analysis is primarily designed for engineers who have already undergone courses related to Hazard and Operability study (HAZOP) and want to improve their proficiency and skills further.
The program has been split over 2 hours/day for 8 days and is also ideal for those who have no previous knowledge on HAZOP however can learn quickly. The course material is specially made, keeping in mind the kind of facilities available in the oil and gas industry, one of them being Automated Continuous Processes.
HAZOP study is to carefully review a process or operation in a systematic manner to determine whether deviations from the design or operational intent can lead to undesirable consequences. This technique can be used for continuous or batch processes and can be adopted to evaluate written procedures. The HAZOP team lists potential causes and consequences of the deviation as well as existing safeguards protecting against the deviation. When the team determines that inadequate safeguards exist for a credible deviation, it usually recommends the action be taken to reduce the risk.
HAZOP Certification Course Topics Cover:
- Apply advanced process HAZOP and risk assessment techniques
- Discuss mechanics of dispersion, fire, explosion and toxic releases
- Explain the concept of Quantified Risk Assessment ‘QRA’ and the HAZOP study methodology
- Practice HAZOP team leadership
- Understand the concepts of risk assessment and risk management
- Understand the estimation and evaluation of risks – qualitative, semi-quantitative and quantified risks
- Apply techniques for hazard identification and analysis – checklists, risk profiling, HAZOP, FMEA and task-based risk assessment
- Apply cause-consequences analysis – the role of fault trees and event trees in accident prevention
- Understand HAZOP studies their benefits and their short comings
- Understand the requirements of a team leader or facilitator, scribe and team members during HAZOP studies
- Facilitate a HAZOP study
Who Should attend?
This course is suitable for those who are associated in the risk assessment process, which includes all levels of design, engineering, process operations, maintenance, production and health and safety.
The course assessment is carried out by a series of case study exercises and a certificate of competency is attained on the subject.
Tutor profile :
Mr. Vinod Richharia is a quality, health, safety, environment (QHSE) professional with more than three decades of versatile experience. He has more than 44 years of expertise in manufacturing at Chemical and Petrochemical industry. In the second phase of his profession, he has contributed as QHSE management trainer, auditor and consultant in oil & gas, petrochemical, chemical and general engineering industries.
A NEBOSH certified professional, Vinod has done his Masters in Ecology & Environment and Economics and also possesses diplomas in Business Management and Industrial Safety.
Currently working as Oil and Gas Unit QHSE Manager with Mott MacDonald, he is also responsible for maintenance and implementation of QHSE systems in nine nations. He heads HAZOP studies for various off shore and onshore projects. Before getting associated with Mott MacDonald, he worked with various companies like Union Carbide, SAI Global (Australia), SABIC (Saudi Arabia) and W.S. Atkins, DNV (Det Norske Veritas).
Having rich experience and knowledge in training, auditing and consulting in different industries across Africa and Asia, Mr Vinod is also an assessor for well known ‘Dubai Quality Award’, which is a local version of EFQM Module.
Apart from being a registered lead auditor and trainer for Quality, OHS and Environment with IEMA and IRCA, UK, he is authorized to run training program in HSE by IOSH and CIEH, UK. He is also a HAZOP Lead and validator for CDM projects under UNFCCC (Kyoto Protocol).